Years 4,5 and 6 Maths and Science Challenge
Logical thinking, flowing creative juices and innovative ideas shone through as the Years 4, 5 and 6 competed in this year’s Maths and Science Challenge. This is an inter-house event where pupils are put into small groups within their house. All three year groups are mixed up together in an effort to help their house win!
For those who have watched Taskmaster you will instantly be able to imagine the types of challenges and entertainment that filled the morning.
What were the tasks?
- Draw the largest and most perfect circle without using stationary
- Make a graph from nature
- Climb your team through the smallest thing possible
- Make the numbers from 1 to 10 only using shadows
- Rotate a strange object of the team’s creation and hang as many items as possible from a piece of string.
- All whilst only communicating in animal noises OR only being allowed to use the words ‘fractions’, ‘decimals’ or ‘percentage’ OR having to turn over a sand timer every 30 seconds.
With groups scattered around the school grounds and classrooms I’m sure you can imagine the chaos, energy and laughter that followed!
Our Year 7s ran all of the tasks and were the judges for the competition. They were suitably impressed with all four houses but had to settle on East as the overall winners. Well done to all involved and a big thank you to Mr Williams for masterminding the whole event.